Pumpkin cinnamon rolls usher in the cool comfort of autumn any time of the year. Piping hot, and just dripping with cream cheese icing.
Comfortably Domestic Confession: I’ve been a a certifiable Cinnamon Roll Bender lately! I’m rolling just about anything tasty that I can possibly think of into the pillowy morning pastries. Primarily as a vehicle to increase the quantity of cream cheese icing in my diet.
E’rybody needs more cream cheese icing in their diets, amiright?
Since Pumpkin is the Official Flavor of Fall around these parts, and given that pumpkin and cream cheese icing are made for each other, then why wouldn’t I combine a warm, pumpkin cinnamon roll with a hefty layer of creamy goodness? It’s the right thing to do.
Baking cinnamon rolls from scratch couldn’t be easier. The yeasty dough is made ahead of time, requires absolutely no kneading, and rolls out like a dream–it practically begs for a the creamy layer of sweet, cinnamon butter to be slathered over it. Roll the dough up & over the cinnamon filling, slice the rolls, and lay them in the buttered baking vessels of your choice.
After a few minutes in the oven, your house will smell so wonderful that you’ll actually step out onto the porch to check your address to verify that you are, in fact, standing in your house.
But be prepared! The scent of cinnamon wafting through that open door will bring the neighbors running to your yard, forks and glasses of milk in hand.
Hoping for a bite of warm Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!
Consider yourself warned.
But, if the thought baking cinnamon rolls from scratch has you a bit weak in the knees, I’m here to tell you that you can do it!
Cinnamon rolls are not exceedingly difficult to make, but they do take time. I like to make the dough the night before, pop it in the ‘fridge, and leave the butter and cream cheese on the counter overnight to soften before getting a good nights sleep. Sometimes, I even make the filling and the icing ahead of time and leave them on the counter, too.
I’m sassy like that. Some (Read: Bacon Slayer) may call me impatient in the morning.
The next day, I get up a little early to assemble the pastries, and my family wakes up to the luxurious smell of fresh Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls baking in the oven. I am then greeted with big bear hugs, and groggy promises of undying love and affection from Bacon Slayer and the Sons.
I adore cinnamon roll mornings!
If that kind of reception still doesn’t cure the jitters of the idea of making cinnamon rolls from scratch, then I don’t know what will! Actually, I do. Click on another favorite cinnamon roll post of mine for step-by-step directions. It will be like I’m baking them right there with you in your kitchen.
You’ve totally got to have these pumpkin cinnamon rolls!
Friends, my pumpkin cinnamon rolls aren’t the end!
This week, my Bloggy Besties and I are dedicating this entire week to the Official Squash of Autumn–the Pumpkin! We’ve got a great line up of pumpkin-themed treats–both sweet and savory!
Here’s what we have to look forward to:
~ Monday ~
- Me and my Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!
- Beka @ Kvetchin Kitchen – Pumpkin Struesel Bread
~ Tuesday ~
- Jeanne @ Inside NanaBread’s Head – Pumpkin Hazelnut Waffles with Cinnamon Honey Butter
- Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama – Pumpkin Pie Macarons
~ Wednesday ~
- Megan @ Country Cleaver – Mini No-Bake Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Crumble Topping
- Allison @ Decadent Philistines Save the World – Pumpkin Marshmallows & Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Shanna @ Pineapple and Coconut – Creamy Maple Bacon Pumpkin Risotto
- Anne @ From My Sweet Heart – Pumpkin Donuts with Cream Cheese Icing & Candied Pepitas
- Kat @ Tenaciously Yours – Marbled Pumpkin Gingersnap Tart
- Mads @ La Petite Pancake – Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Frosting and Pumpkin Oat Puppy Treats
~ Friday ~
- Madeline @ Munchin’ in the Mitten – Savory Pumpkin Tart
- Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain – Pumpkin Mousse with Candied Squash
- I’m back with Pumpkin Kiss Cookies!
~ Saturday ~