Cherry chipotle hot fudge has spiced chocolate flavor with sweet cherry undertones. It makes even the most ordinary of desserts spectacular.
Have you ever wished for a dessert recipe that could be prepared in minutes, yet transformed everything it touched a all-out show stopper? Cherry Chipotle Hot Fudge Sauce is that recipe.
I whipped up the first batch Cherry Chipotle Hot Fudge Sauce on a whim, because I was craving something rich and decadent. That well placed ten minutes of effort inspired me to spend each and every night of the ensuing week dredging virtually everything I could find in it.
I’m totally obsessed with this hot fudge!
The sauce is rich and chocolaty, thick, but not cloying. The dark chocolate is nicely tempered with the sweet hint of cherry, finishing with a nice kick of chipotle.
Last week? I simply could. not. get. enough!
I’m not kidding, Friends. The first night, I went old school and drizzled it over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Okay, two scoops.
The next night I took the ice cream idea to the next level and sandwiched it between a couple of slices of chocolate sheet cake to make my own version of a hot fudge ice cream cake. I didn’t sample that venture because the Sons attacked that hot fudge ice cream cake with enthusiasm that I can only describe as being akin to hungry wolves set loose in a hen house.
The fudge sauce also appeared in fondue form at a Girl’s Night Out. My BFFs and I happily dipped fresh fruit, pound cake, pretzel rods, marshmallows, and graham crackers in warm, gooey hot fudge while we chatted the night away. I can’t think of a better way to spend an evening than with good friends and chocolate-covered-everything.
Bottom Line? Make cherry chipotle hot fudge sauce.
Slather it on everything in sight. Hoover it in, repeating until it’s gone.
Yields 1.5 pints
Rich dark chocolate fudge sauce with sweet cherry undertones, finished with a pleasant kick of chipotle that makes even the most ordinary of desserts truly spectacular.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 C. evaporated milk
- 1/4 C. cherry juice concentrate
- 2 C. (12 oz.) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Add dark chocolate chips into a medium saucepan. Pour the sugar and evaporated milk over the chocolate, and heat it to a low boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat, whisk the chipotle chili powder, salt, butter, and vanilla into the chocolate until it becomes velvety smooth.
- To serve warm, let the fudge cool for 10 minutes before liberally drizzling it over ice cream, cheesecake, brownie sundaes, chocolate sheet cake, or anything else that could use a healthy dose of chocolate with a kick.
- Keep leftover sauce in a lidded pint jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- To reheat: uncover sauce and warm in the microwave for 30-60 seconds on high, or until warm and pourable.
As if that sweetness wasn’t enough, tomorrow the Theme Weavers and I are kicking off Pumpkin Week. You do not want to miss a single day of the more than 15 pumpkin-themed recipes that are in the queue. Seriously Good Stuff is coming!
So, be sure to come back tomorrow when I kick off Pumpkin Week with these little bundles of pumpkin love!