Pumpkin kiss cookies are the classic holiday favorite cookie, with a kick! Deliciously soft and spicy pumpkin cookies with a fat kiss of chocolate in the center.
Pumpkin Week continues! Before I get to today’s feature, let’s take a look at all of the sweet and savory pumpkin offerings this week:
- I kicked off the pumpkinliciousness with my Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Streusel Bread from Beka @ Kvetchin Kitchen
- Pumpkin Hazelnut Waffles with Cinnamon Honey Butter from Jeanne @ Inside Nanabread’s Head
- Pumpkin Pie Macarons from Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama
- No Bake Cheesecake Pumpkin Cheese Caramel Cones from Megan @ Country Cleaver
- Pumpkin Marshmallows & Pumpkin Spice Syrup from Allison @ Decadent Phillistines Save The World
- Creamy Maple Bacon Pumpkin Risotto from Shanna @ Pineapple and Coconut
- Marbled Pumpkin Gingersnap Tart from Kat @ Tenaciously Yours
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Frosting from Mads @ La Petite Pancake
- Pumpkin Donuts with Cream Cheese Icing & Candied Pepitas from Anne @ From My Sweet Heart
- I’m back with Pumpkin Kiss Cookies
- Savory Pumpkin Tart from Madeline @ Munching in The Mitten
- Pumpkin Mousse with Candied Squash from Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain
- Pumpkin Scones from Beka @ Kvetchin Kitchen
- Pumpkin Ice Cream from Monica @ The Grommom
Today, I’m back with a new Fall Favorite around the Comfortably Domestic house–Pumpkin Kiss Cookies!
I first thought to make Pumpkin Kiss Cookies while lamenting the lack of peanut butter blossoms in my life. Call it a few brief moments of peanut-allergy-pity.
A few minutes of wallowing later, and I decided to hang up my Pity Pants, and put on my Big Girl Apron instead. I thought, “why not make a different cookie and plop a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle?” I didn’t want to simply substitute SunButter for the peanut butter, as I do with most things, because I don’t ever want my peanut-allergic boys to mistake my safe cookies with not-safe cookies somewhere else.
A baking dilemma, to be sure.
So if not SunButter, than what? Being that I love, love, LOVE warm spices with chocolate, I had a hunch that a pumpkin spice cookie with a kiss of chocolate would be absolutely lovely.
It was a very good hunch.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies combine a light, spiced pumpkin cookie with a big, fat kiss of chocolate, smack in the center. What’s better than a deliciously soft cookie with a chocolate center? Not much.
Not much at all.
Besides, with all those vegetables hidden inside, the Sons get a few extra vitamins in their diets without even knowing it! Score one for mom!
Pumpkin kiss cookies for everyone!
Enjoy the rest of Pumpkin Week, Friends! Be sure to stop by again on Saturday, because I’ll be back to work a different squash into a savory dish that my boys gobble up with wild abandon.
You won’t want to miss it!