Corn salad with black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, and both sweet and spicy peppers! Tossed with a fresh and flavorful citrus vinaigrette for a gorgeous and healthy salad.
For as much as I could live on pie all winter long, all I crave in the summertime is quick, easy salads made with a bounty of fresh flavors. I think it’s my body’s way of balancing out all of the butter in my life.
Black Bean and Corn Salad is a perfect blend of simple pantry items and a load of fresh produce from the season. Canned black beans are blended with sweet bell peppers, avocado, garden ripe tomatoes, roasted sweet corn, and tossed with a zippy citrus dressing for a satisfying salad.
Black Bean and Corn Salad has so much flavor going on!
It can easily be whipped up in minutes and enjoyed all week without becoming a bore. I keep a big bowl of this corn salad in the refrigerator because I can hoover it in between chasing The Sons, and it leaves me feeling full and satisfied for hours!
This corn salad is perfect to serve with grilled chicken fajitas, grilled fish, or tucked inside of burritos or tacos. The spice level is easy to adapt to your tastes, too. Simply cut back on the spicy peppers if you want it a bit milder.
Black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, and both sweet and spicy peppers blend together with a fresh and flavorful citrus vinaigrette for gorgeous and healthy corn salad.
25 minPrep Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 ½ C. freshly roasted sweet corn (or frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained)
- 1 sweet bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ C. cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 C. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ C. light olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Fold the black beans, corn, sweet bell pepper, tomatoes, and avocado together in a bowl to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and jalapeno to a small jar with a tight fitting lid. Place the lid on the jar and vigorously shake the dressing ingredients together to emulsify. Pour the dressing over the salad, and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill the salad for up to 2 hours before serving.
Betsy @ Desserts Required says
Susan P. (@littleredkitchn) says
Angie | Big Bears Wife says
christine (@foodyschmoody) says