SunButter is a nut free, creamy peanut butter substitute. Extra creamy chocolate ice cream speckled with thick sunflower butter “shale” is a very close, allergy friendly copy of Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream. Those without nut allergies may substitute creamy peanut butter with good results.
I’m convinced that the Road to Utter Chaos is paved with good intentions. Right about the time I hit a good summer recipe sharing groove, chaos erupted. I have so many things to tell you guys about, and not enough time in which to do it. No doubt the tidbits will continue to flow forth, but here are a few highlights:
- Bacon Slayer accepted a new position with another company. After surviving the unyielding ax of nearly four straight years of bi-annual corporate downsizing at his former company, it was time for a change. The new job required that he travel for the month of June for various meetings and training classes. An entire month as a divided family was a challenge that we don’t wish to repeat anytime soon. We missed him like crazy! On the flip-side, we’re so thankful that he has a job in which he can be home with his family most nights.
- In the 6 weeks or so that BS has been back, I’ve hosted a tea party, baked a bajillion items for multiple bake sale fundraisers, we’ve gone camping, enjoyed a few events at the National Cherry Festival, went glow bowling, played miniature golf, hit the beach, continued the long overdue reorganization of the storage areas in the house, implemented a new chore system, and finally bought the paint to finish the last few rooms in the house. Notice I said bought the paint, and not completed painting. I’m still hoping to get the painting done before school starts, but for the life of me, I have no idea when I’ll find the time to do it.
- Our new home school curriculum arrived for next year, so I’m also up to my elbows in text books. I will pack away the remaining books from last year that are still on the shelves, as well as sort and categorize the books for our coming school year. (Note to Self: get making lesson plans at some point.)
- Our always temperamental internet router presumably bit the dust…again. Seeing as we’ve replaced a router every year for the past four years, my former-technology-geek self finally relented and called in the Big Gun Internet Guys. The Big Guns and their network sniffers discovered that the fault was in the cable running to the house, and not he router at all. Two days and several yards of coax cable later, we have a new and improved Robo Internet System at the Comfortably Domestic house.
- I’ve continued to develop, cook, bake, and photographs scads of deliciousness to share with you. I promise to work my way through the backlog as quickly as possible!
But wait! Before you click away from all of the Real Life tedium, take a look at this nut free chocolate and SunButter sweet treat!
Now that’s some ice cream! In the midst of all of the chaos, I’ve managed to keep us stocked with a crap ton of homemade ice cream. Kind of a good thing, because we’ve ended up eating ice cream for dinner this summer more times than I care to admit.
SunButter n’ Chocolate Ice Cream is a nut free riff on my childhood favorite, Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter n’ Chocolate. You know, the one with the extra creamy chocolate ice cream, and thick shards of peanut butter “shale” inside? Yeah, that’s the stuff! My version passes for what I think is a carbon copy of the inspired original.
For those of you without nut allergies, I have to believe that you could substitute peanut butter for the sunflower butter, so long as it’s of the “creamy” and not “natural” variety. I’d love to hear about it if you try the swap!
Until then, I’ll be sitting here eating nut free SunButter ice cream and madly editing photos from the backlog of new recipes to share!