Chicken Burrito Bowls nestle perfectly seasoned chicken atop a bed of fluffy lime-cilantro rice along with roasted black beans and all the trimmings for a healthy dinner with loads of flavor. A copy cat recipe of the Chipotle restaurant favorite.Thank you Stubb’s Legendary Bar-B-Q for sponsoring this post. I’m a fan and I love their stuff. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that I love to help make the free content here on Comfortably Domestic possible.
Every so often, Bacon Slayer and I try to sneak off with one of The Sons for a little 1-on-1 time without the other brothers. It should come as a shock to exactly no one that Son #1 and I tend to plan our outings around the food that we’ll eat along the way.
He is definitely my son.
Sometimes we see a movie that he is old enough to see, but isn’t age-appropriate for his younger siblings. Other times he might request to hit an antique shopping in search of vintage treasures. (I know!) Sometimes he offers to help me shop for groceries. Most often our outings are likely doing something super exciting like shopping for new soccer cleats. As a teenage boy, he eats non-stop, is already taller than his daddy, and outgrows or wears through his soccer cleats about once a season. I can barely keep up with the continual need for new sports gear!
Whatever we decide to do, we invariably stop to eat somewhere that his brothers don’t appreciate as we do. Read: we like to eat real food and not a meal in which the greatest reward is the toy that comes with it. Honestly? My definition of Real Food and what restaurants determine to be Kid Food are quite different when it comes to fast food.
Our quest for real food that is served quickly inevitably leads us to somewhere like Chipotle or Qdoba. Son #1 prides himself on ordering food with way more spice than the other boys can handle. I like a big variety of fresh ingredients to pile on the otherwise simple fare. The Chicken Burrito Bowls and the Cilantro Lime Rice are both of our favorites. Topped off with a really great pico de gallo and loads of other fresh fixin’s and I feel as if I’m eating like a proper grown up.
Hey, living with five other males makes my house more of a men’s locker room atmosphere rather than a fine dining establishment. I’ll take any opportunity to eat real food that’s ready in a hurry!
However, I grow impatient waiting to eat fast, delicious, yet healthy food until my quarterly dates with Son #1, so of course I have to figure out a way to make our favorites at home.
I’m pretty pleased with this copy cat recipe of the Chipotle restaurant favorite! I swear that is tastes just like our favorite dish at the restaurant, and that’s due in part to my favorite marinade shortcut–Stubb’s Chicken Marinade. I know I’ve mentioned my genuine love for Stubb’s Bar-B-Q products before, but it bears repeating now. Stubb’s products use the best quality ingredients, are gluten free, and free of high fructose corn syrup. The Stubb’s Chicken Marinade is made with real, pronounceable ingredients, including lime juice, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and ginger. It’s a versatile marinade that results in tender, juicy chicken every time.
These Chicken Burrito Bowls place tender, perfectly seasoned chicken atop a bed of fluffy lime-cilantro rice. Add roasted black beans, pico de gallo, avocado, and sharp cheddar for a healthy, quick dinner with loads of flavor. Thanks to the quick marinade, these Chicken Burrito Bowls are on the table in under an hour–including the time it takes to prepare the fresh toppings! I couldn’t ask for more when it comes to serving a fresh, healthy, and flavorful dinner.
Enjoy these Chipotle-style Chicken Burrito Bowls at home!
Yields 6 Servings
Chicken Burrito Bowls nestle perfectly seasoned chicken atop a bed of fluffy lime-cilantro rice along with roasted black beans and all the trimmings for a healthy dinner with loads of flavor. A copy cat recipe of the Chipotle restaurant favorite.
35 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- For the Chicken:
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs. Stubb's Pork Rub
- 1 C. Stubb's Chicken Marinade
- For the Rice:
- 4 C. water
- 2 C. jasmine rice
- Zest of 1 lime (1-1 ½ teaspoons)
- ¼ C. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- For Serving:
- ½ C. favorite salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 C. roasted black beans
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/3 C. freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ C. plain Greek yogurt
- Wedges of fresh lime
- Rub the chicken on both sides with Stubb’s Pork Rub. Place the chicken in to a large bowl and pour the Stubb’s Chicken Marinade over top, turning the chicken to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a half sheet pan with non-stick aluminum foil; set aside. Alternately, preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the rice by placing it in a large saucepan with the water and salt. Bring the water to a boil over high heat; once boiling, place a well fitting lid on the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the rice for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff the hot rice with a fork. Stir in the lime zest and cilantro into the rice. Cover the pan of rice with the lid to keep warm.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet , top side down, and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continuing baking for 10 minutes or until cooked through but still tender. (This could take up to 20 minutes on the second side for thicker chicken breasts.) Alternately, the chicken may be grilled over medium heat for 10 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the oven (or grill) and allow it to rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into bite sized pieces. Serve chicken atop hot cooked cilantro lime rice, along with roasted black beans, avocado, pico de gallo, shredded cheddar, a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, or other toppings of choice.
For more great Mexican/Tex-Mex recipes, check out the deliciousness that my friends are cooking up!
Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice from Carolyn/All Day I Dream About Food
Mexican Rice Skillet from Erin/Dinner, Dishes & Desserts
Chicken Tostadas with Poblano Cream Sauce from Deborah/Taste and Tell
Slow Cooker Mexican Pot Roast from Heidi/Foodie Crush
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts says
Brandy | Nutmeg Nanny says
Isabelle @ Crumb says
Kelly @ Nosh and Nourish says
Jennifer Farley says
Alyssa | EverydayMaven says
Lauren Kelly Nutrition says
Renee - Kudos Kitchen says
The Food Hunter says
Wanda Woman says