Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies are moist, fudgy brownies with rich cheesecake, chocolate icing, and a smattering of peppermint candies.
Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming! I’m so excited, Friends. Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year. I’m baking like crazy to get ready for the holiday at the moment. Every good baking bender needs a good playlist, and I can’t get enough of the Pop Christmas playlist on Spotify right now.
Have you listened to it? I adore classic carols, but I’m really digging the “new” voices putting a spin on them. Something about having a soundtrack going while I’m working keeps me focused. Are you the same way? If so, what do you listen to? I’m always looking for more musical inspiration.
One thing that I am inspired to do each year is to share a quick and easy dessert recipe for the holidays. Remember these cute reindeer cupcakes? How about the Lazy French Silk Pie? Let’s not forget the easy cheesecake made in a 13 x 9 pan?
Sure, you can bake a gingerbread bundt cake or a cranberry swirl cheesecake if you have the time. However, I realize that not everyone can carve out the time to bake all day prior to a holiday. That doesn’t mean that you can’t make something easy and pretty to share!
This year’s easy offering are these layered Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies because I’ve got your back, Friends! Fudgy brownies with rich cheesecake, chocolate frosting, and candy cane pieces make for a decadent dessert that looks like you spent all day making it. In reality, you’ll spend just over an hour, most of which is waiting for the brownies to bake. The not-so-secret is using a box brownie mix for the base layer, pouring the cheesecake filling over top, and baking the whole affair together at once.
You heard me.
No baking in stages to get the layers to set. These Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies components are layered and baked at the same time. How easy it that?
I suggest popping them in the oven before taking a shower. Then refrigerate them while getting ready for a holiday party. Once you & the house are all spiffed up, frost the brownies, cut, and sprinkle with candy canes and you’re ready to go! Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies are so good that they might just end up being Your Thing That You Bring to every event. Consider yourself warned. 😉
Now if you’re feeling exceptionally industrious, go ahead and make the brownies and chocolate frosting from scratch. But I suggest directing that extra time toward having an impromptu kitchen dance party instead.
Happy Holidays, Friends!
Try the Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies. They’re most excellent!
Yields 15 Brownies
Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies are moist, fudgy brownies topped with rich cheesecake, chocolate icing, and a smattering of peppermint candies.
20 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 (21.5oz.) package brownie mix (enough for a 13 x 9 pan), plus ingredients necessary to make brownies according to package directions
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (16oz.) container prepared chocolate frosting
- 2 to 3 candy canes, crushed (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 pan with baking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions. Spread the batter into the prepared pan; set the pan aside while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually blend in the sweetened condensed milk, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter, spreading to the edges.
- Bake the cheesecake brownies at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Remove it from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool, refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Once chilled, spread the frosting over the top of the cheesecake brownies. Cut the brownies into bars with a sharp knife. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes just prior to serving.
Leave a Reply