Antipasto salad skewers are all of the soft, creamy, crunchy, salty goodness of an antipasto salad on a finger-friendly stick for easy snacking. This post is sponsored by the United Dairy Industry of Michigan. All thoughts are my own.
I believe that I mentioned that soccer season is underway, so my food preparation time has been dramatically reduced. The next few months are all about easy, balanced meals and snacks that take minimal time to prepare.
Who am I kidding? Everyday is about throw-it-together-food, preferably items with balanced nutrition and portable enough to toss in a cooler to enjoy next to the soccer field. Crunchy granola bars and savory energy bars are great for snacking, but I often struggle to break out of the sandwich-rut when it comes to finding healthy, filling food that can be eaten on the pitch. Sure chef salads in a jar are an easy picnic solution but I often forget to pack utensils, and eating a salad with your fingers is a messy proposition.
Enter Antipasto Salad Skewers!
I like to think of these as all of the best parts of a really great chopped salad without the hassle of needing to remember such trivial things as forks. Let’s be honest! It’s all I can do to herd four boys into my truck with all the water bottles, gear, and snacks. I can’t be expected to remember such trivial things as napkins and utensils. What I can easily do is make this recipe to any scale that I desire. Then keep the Antipasto Salad Skewers covered and chilled in the refrigerator for a few days. Then it’s easy to toss the kebabs into a Ziploc bag to pack in a cooler.
Antipasto Salad Skewers are excellent to have on hand for a healthy, filling snacks that also serve as a meal. Try them as a savory appetizer for cocktail parties and barbecues!
Kirsten Kubert, Comfortably Domestic
All of the soft, creamy, crunchy, salty goodness of an antipasto salad on a finger-friendly stick for easy snacking.
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3 ounces (12) canned pepperoncini (mild peppers), drained
- 4 1/2 ounces cheddar jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 ounces pitted black olives
- 5 ounces English cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch slices and halved
- 4 ounces bulk salami or summer sausage, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces fresh miniature mozzarella balls
- 6 ounces (12) canned marinated cocktail artichokes, drained
- 2 1/2 ounces (12) grape tomatoes
- 12 – 6” bamboo skewers
- ounces (12) canned pepperoncini (mild peppers), drained
- 1/2 ounces cheddar jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ounces pitted black olives
- ounces English cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch slices and halved
- ounces bulk salami or summer sausage, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ounces fresh miniature mozzarella balls
- ounces (12) canned marinated cocktail artichokes, drained
- 1/2 ounces (12) grape tomatoes
- – 6” bamboo skewers
Sarah Walker Caron (Sarah's Cucina Bella) says
Martha @ A Family Feast says
Melissa from Hungry Food Love says
Ginny McMeans says
Lana Stuart says
Cookin Canuck says
The Food Hunter says
Tasha @thatssoyummy says
Gwen @simplyhealthyfamily says
Michelle @ The Complete Savorist says
Manila Spoon (Abigail) says
Alisa Fleming says