Welcome to Day 6 of Be A Good Cookie Week, Friends!
- On Monday, I brought you Parmesan Cheese Bites: a savory, cheesy cookie with a hint of cayenne pepper. Perfect for holiday appetizers or game day snacking.
- On Tuesday, Jeanne showed us her culinary flare by dipping Toasted Coconut Shortbread cookies in dark chocolate. Oh yes, she did!
- Megan practically brought us to our knees with the chocolatey/caramelly/nutty goodness in the German Chocolate Cookies, on Wednesday.
- Kat showed us just how easy it is to bake up the classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies, on Thursday.
- On Friday, Mads brought back warm childhood memories with a batch of Gingersnaps.
And today? Today….wait! I almost forgot the song!
On the sixth day of Be A Good Cookie Week, my healthy-living-sarcastic-soul-sister-cancer-warrior friend Allison gave to us…Cranberry Walnut White Chocolate & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Say that 3 times fast.
I don’t use the term “Cancer Warrior” lightly in my description of Allison. She’s had far too many brushes with that nasty C word, and she’s doing something about it. Allison runs and campaigns ro raise awareness for many, many cancer charities.
For her Be A Good Cookie Week post, Allison writes a Letter to Santa that kind of rocked my heart when I read it. Girlfriend’s got a way with words–it’s the English Teacher in her. So be sure to visit Allison and read about her biggest Christmas Wish. And be sure to try the cookies, too. 🙂
Well, Friends…here we are on day six of Be A Good Cookie Week! What a week it has been, too! My friends and I have been having a riot baking cookies from the Cookies for Kids’ Cancer: Best Bake Sale Cookbook; from which all of the author’s proceeds and royalties go to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer research. Our hope was that you would all be so inspired by the recipes that you would buy the book for yourself, or a loved one. Or that you might be so moved as to purchase the OXO Good Grips Be A Good Cookie Spatula, from which $100,000 of the profits will go to CFKC.
But hey, you don’t have to buy a thing to help Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bring new therapies to the children who need them. You can help by spreading the word of the organization’s mission, or by holding a small bake sale and donating the profits. No time to organize a bake sale? No, problem. You can register the cookies you bake in the month of December for a cookie exchange with the Glad company and they will donate 10-cents per cookie to CFKC on your behalf. Glad will also donate a dime for every virtual cookie that you send on facebook. It really doesn’t get any easier than that to make a difference in the life of a child with cancer.
Also, you still have a few hours to enter my Be A Good Cookie Giveaway. Hooray for free cookie stuff! Just click on the link or the cookie box in the photo above, and you’ll be re-directed to enter. Jeanne’s Be A Good Cookie Giveaway is still going on too, so double your chances and enter both!