1. We are having an interesting week around here. After spending five days away visiting family for Thanksgiving, we are glad to be home. I celebrated by having minor surgery on Tuesday morning. As we were leaving for the hospital, Hubby got a call alerting him to the fact that his company would be making another round of personnel cuts–he would be getting a call as to his status sometime on Thursday. We’ve been through this several times before, so all we could do was wait.
2. Poor guy had to take care of me, the kids, and the house with the weight of the world on his shoulders. I was certainly no help. Anesthesia, pain medication, and I don’t really get along that well. I’m feeling better though, and I’m down to over the counter pain meds, so I can think again. Hubby got his call this morning, and he is still employed.
4. Thankfully, as I have spent the past few days lying on the couch gazing out the window, it started to snow. Finally. Pretty snow, too. Think big, fluffy, round, Charlie-Brown-Christmas kind of flakes. Gentle snows are so calming.
5. I can tell I am feeling better because I feel like baking, again.
6. The Baby & I went out to breakfast this morning to celebrate Hubby keeping his job. Went to a great place frequented by the Detroit Red Wings when they are in town for training camp, and by loads of local retirees. Any place that attracts professional hockey players and the retiree crowd has got to be good! Am I right?
7. After the Baby snarfed down half of my blueberry pancakes in favor of his own, and managed to flirt with anyone that would make eye contact with him, a sweet couple stopped by our table. They wished us a Merry Christmas, and told me how special the Baby is. That alone got me tearing up a bit, then the woman ended with “You are such a great Mom. God Bless you!” That opened the flood gates. So she & I were both laughing & crying in the restaurant. The pregnant woman in the booth next to me started to cry, too. She didn’t stand a chance really, being pregnant and all.
8. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: random acts of kindness make all the difference in the world. I paid it forward by leaving my server a ridiculous tip. Her grandmother just had a stroke, so she’s been driving an hour round trip to check in on her. I figured she could use the gas money.
9. It’s still snowing gently. Most of the boys don’t have school tomorrow. Hopefully we will get enough snow overnight to do a few runs on our sled hill.
10. I hope you are all doing well! I hope to be back with a recipe tomorrow. 🙂