Classic apple pie has been a favorite apple pie recipe for generations! Sweet apples make their own cinnamon syrup when baked inside of two buttery pie crusts.
Early European settlers brought apple seeds from England to America, often planting an orchard on freshly cleared land before even building the family home. As settlers migrated throughout the country, apple orchards took root right along with them. Apples soon became an abundant staple in the New World. Apple pie is as rich a part of the fabric of American culture as hot dogs, fast cars, baseball, and Thanksgiving dinner.
Thanksgiving dinner is all about family, giving thanks for our blessings, and communing through comfort food. While the focus of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner tends to revolve around a perfectly roasted turkey, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes, the feast is not complete without a fat slice of apple pie for dessert. I tend to subscribe to the More is More philosophy when it comes to all things pie, so when enveloping apples in pastry, I commonly go the Mile High Apple Pie route.
However, as much as it pains me to admit it, I realize that baking a colossal pie is not always practical or necessary. Sometimes after sharing a meal with friends and loved ones and reflecting on the good fortune of being together, a sliver of a more traditional, no frills apple pie is more desirable.
Classic Apple Pie is a simple recipe that bakes juicy apples, sugar, and a touch of cinnamon together in a flaky, buttery crust.
It’s a dessert that’s as American as…well, apple pie! It’s the perfect pie to share with those that you are thankful to have in your lives.
Speaking of being thankful…a group of food blogger friends and I were chatting about how blessed we are to be able to follow our food passions for a living–none of which would be possible without awesome and supportive readers like you. As a way of giving thanks, we decided to get together to share 25 awesome Thanksgiving recipes AND 25 fun Giveaways!
No frills. No sponsors. Just us sharing tried and true recipes and giving away a little something to thank you for coming back day after day to read about our passions.
For my part, I’m serving up Classic Apple Pie because everyone needs to have a really great apple pie recipe in their kitchen arsenal.
I’ll also be giving away a $50 Amazon gift card to one lucky reader as a little token of my appreciation for putting up with all my weirdness and loving me just the same.
Giveaway runs through 11/29/2015 at midnight. At that time, the winner will have 24 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Then be sure to visit my friends to see more delicious Thanksgiving recipes and enter their giveaways, too! We’re giving away a TON of gift cards and other great prizes–each valued at $50 or more!
Click on any of the gorgeous photos or links below to be redirected to the recipes.
- Homemade Orange Cider Cranberry Sauce via The Snappy Gourmet
- Cheesy Garlic Herb Potatoes and Squash via Sugar Dish Me
- 5-Ingredient Pecan Pie Fudge via Texanerin Baking
- Brussels Sprouts and Farro Salad via Lemons for Lulu
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberry Side Dish via Cooking on the Front Burner
- Fig and Goat Cheese Ball via Eat. Drink. Love
- Overnight Pumpkin Monkey Bread via Barbara Bakes
- Classic Apple Pie, via Comfortable Domestic
- Acorn Squash Puree via Daily Appetite
- Pumpkin Banana Bread via Java Cupcake
- Green Beans with Almonds and Bacon via From Valerie’s Kitchen
- Classic Pecan Pie via That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkey Tenderloins with Mushroom Shallot Tarragon Gravy via All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Casserole Donut Holes via Cupcake Project
- Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes via Chocolate Slopes
- Triple Spice Pumpkin Buttermilk Pie via Frugal Foodie Mama
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce via The Adventure Bite
- Twice Baked Potatoes via My Gluten Free Kitchen
- Green Bean Quinoa Casserole via Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Warm Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Leek Salad with Cheddar Biscuit Breadcrumbs via Sarcastic Cooking
- Pumpkin Slab Pie via The Kitchen is My Playground
- Prosciutto Wrapped Parmesan Pears & Greens via The Complete Savorist
- Cranberry Apple Charlotte via The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Ricotta Chocolate Chip Bread via Ari’s Menu