1. Our Easter service last night was awesome.
2. I thought I would serve a whole roast leg of lamb today, so I bought one. Lamb seems appropriate, being Easter and all.
3. I had no plan for the lamb when I bought it, other than roasting it with lots of fresh herbs.
4. After much research, I got a little intimidated at the prospect of removing little lamby femurs and little lamby lymph nodes. So, I chucked the leg o’ lamb back into the freezer for another day.
5. Removing a femur from anything kind of gives me the heebees.
6. We are grilling mammoth New York Strip Steaks, instead. Steaks are much less intimidating.
7. I let Son #1 decorate the face of our lamb cake. He did a fine job.
8. I made everyone eat a protein packed breakfast this morning before tearing into warm cinnamon rolls, jelly beans, and chocolate eggs.
9. The sun is shining brightly today, so we were able to have our annual Easter Egg Hunt outdoors. It was glorious!
10. I’m still a little creeped out by the lamb femur.
11. I’ll get over it by eating lamb cake.
Happy Easter, Friends!