A holiday gift guide can be a wonderful tool for any hard-to-buy-for people in your life. This holiday gift guide is filled with toys for your boys!
With the holidays approaching as quickly as a steam engine rushing toward platform 9 3/4, my mind is rapidly swirling into a near-constant state of tempestuous gift giving ideas. As a girl who definitely likes to give more than to receive, I’ll be sharing my top picks for holiday gift giving throughout the month.
Let’s start with the guys, shall we? If you’re looking for just the right gift for the men in your life, I’m here to make things easier with this holiday gift guide.
Since I happen to live with five men of various ages, as well as being a sister and a daughter of still more men, I can say with full certainty that I. Know. Men. In fact, I consider myself to be sort of an expert when it comes to selecting manly gifts. My Holiday Gift Guide for Men contains the sort of things that I’ll be giving to the men on my gift list. Like, exactly the sort of things that I’ll be gifting to the men in my life.
P.S. If you’re a man on my gift list, kindly look away from this gift guide. Either that, or pretend to be really, really surprised when you open your gifts!
Holiday Gift Guide for Men
- Thermos – Every guy needs a solid, no-messing-around thermos in which to carry hot beverages or foodstuffs on the go. I bet your guy would feel pretty special if you sent him out into the world with a thermos full of steamy coffee or hot cream of potato soup to keep him warm on a blustery day.
- Tool Logic Credit Card Companion – No matter if your guy is as handy as Al Borland, or more the speed of Tim Taylor, this credit card sized tool kit has him covered! The pocket sized tool kit contains 9 tools, including a removable 2-inch serrated knife, compass, awl, magnifying glass, toothpick, tweezers, can/bottle opener, and ruler.
- The Original Guitar Pick Punch – Perfect for the environmentally conscious musician on the list. This handy gadget recycles old gift cards and countless other materials, converting them into standard sized guitar picks. Heck, I don’t even play the guitar and I want one of these things!
- Leather Touchscreen Texting Gloves – Keep man hands warm while still enabling them to respond to your request to pick up pizza on the way home. These gloves are lined with 3M Thinsulate to keep fingers nice and toasty warm without being sweaty.
- Compact Emergency Solar Hand Crank Radio, Flashlight, and Phone Charger – How cool is this all in one device? Sunlight or a little elbow grease is all it takes to put this emergency flashlight, AM/FM/NOAA radio, and smart phone charger work. A definite must-have for every home or vehicle!
- Type III 550 Paracord – Yes, paracord! Sturdy 7-strand paracord can hold up to 550 pounds making it the perfect addition to any vehicle or camping emergency kit. And hey! If your guy isn’t all that outdoorsy, he can use it to make paracord survival bracelets and sell them on eBay.
- Storm-proof Matches – Another great addition to tool kits, these particular storm-proof matches come in a waterproof case, are easy to light, and stay lit for a full 15 seconds–even underwater! At this price, they’re worth it just to see the flame hold out underwater.
- Wired – An eclectic read! Bacon Slayer calls it, “a magazine of all things interesting and sometimes obscure.” Every Wired magazine issue covers such topics as Science, Entertainment, Gear, Design, Opinion, and more with articles written by engaging authors.
- Rechargable LED Headlamp – They’re not just for über-nerds and spelunkers anymore! Headlamps are surprisingly useful for daily tasks like walking the dog in the dark, reading at night, and exploring such dark-and-scary places as the attic or the cupboard under the stairs.
- Quiddler – Subtitled: a Game of Small Words. Quiddler is a fun and easy to play card game for kids between the ages of 8 to 80-plus. The game is perfect for those that like to play word games like Scrabble, Boggle, and Banagrams.
- Carmex – A lip balm that’s worth twice it’s weight in gold. Carmex seals in moisture to keep lips smooth and kissable like no other lip protector around. Bacon Slayer got hooked on the stuff back when he worked outdoors in the hospitality industry. It’s seriously good stuff!
- The Cooks Illustrated Meat Cookbook – As always, the folks at Cooks Illustrated tell you absolutely everything you ever thought you needed to know about meat, and some things that you never thought to ask. This cookbook has over 400 recipes that tell a meaty story. They start with how to shop for beef, pork, veal, lamb, and poultry; later exploring the best methods for preparing various cuts of meat, and then detailing the best cooking methods for each cut of meat.
- Cordless Mustache and Beard Trimmer – Even the burliest of guys need to do a little manscaping every now and then. With over 19 settings, this rechargeable trimmer can be used wet or dry to easily tame unruly beards, mustaches, and sideburns.
None of the links above are affiliate links, nor was I compensated in any way for suggesting the products listed in my Holiday Gift Guide for Men. I’m just sharing what I love!