Now THAT’S What I’m Talking About!

The Blizzard has found us. You know what that means, don’t you?

Hooray! I can stand to be so excited because:

1.  Our house is nice and toasty warm.

2.  Hubby very smartly gassed up the snow thrower before the storm arrived.

3.  We have enough food to feed us for a month, so no need to grocery shop.

4.  We have enough hot chocolate & baking supplies to last much, much longer.

5. I don’t have to attempt to drive in the 40 m.p.h. gusts of lake effect snow.

6. I don’t have to get out of my pajamas all day long!

But it’s not all fun & games. Snow is serious business…

Hubby is working hard at clearing necessary paths. Again. During our first “real” snowfall after we moved Up North, we quickly realized that all of our “cute” downstate snow gear & outdoor equipment were woefully inadequate. (More on that another time.) Our BFF Brian informed us that “if it doesn’t look like farm equipment, it won’t work up here.”  You can see Hubby took that to heart with our big orange snow beast. Now sissy safety mechanisms on that snow thrower!

The boys are working hard, too. Someone’s got to whip those snowy hills into submission.

I’ve been hard at work, myself. 😉 Look for these little lovelies during Cookie Week.

This may also factor into our day at some point. It’s a snowy December necessity. “It’s an award!…Fra-jee-lay. I think that’s Italian.”

But don’t worry–I won’t let all of this fluffy new snow go to waste. I plan to get out there, too. My snowshoes are quivering in anticipation.

My friend Kat compares the romanticism of snow to a bad relationship. There’s probably a shred of truth in that statement. But, I can’t help it–I LOVE big snow falls!

Be sure to remind me that I said that when I am whining about the snow showers in late March and April. Yes, I said snow showers in April. As in, we always get at least one snow in April here on the 45th parallel.

Snow in April is depressing.

Snow in December is awesome!  Snow angels, here I come!!

from one fellow snow bunny to another….Hurrah for December snows! The sun is now out to play and everything is looking gogeous here! We have a 6 foot snow “wall” on either side of our driveway!!!
    cathy b. @ brightbakes

Oh, the leg lamp!! That in itself is what spells Christmas to me. Or maybe it’s the 24-hours of a Christmas Story on TBS every year.
    I might not have mentioned – that along with the ornament that I got my dad for X-mas – he did also get a REAL Leg lamp to put up during the holidays a couple years ago…
    Oh winter – it is glorious. I do agree, snow in April is very depressing, but snow in December is delightful. Glad our snow storm finally made it to you guys!!

Oh my goodness, you’ve got some serious snow going on! :)

Wanted to let you know that you won my Stocking Stuffer Giveaway! I emailed your gmail account yesterday with the news but am wondering if I have the wrong address since I haven’t heard back. I need your mailing address so check your gmail account & you can reply to my message or you can go to my blog profile where I have a “contact me” email link. The Starbucks card should come in handy up there in snow country! :)

Hi Kirsten,

This is my first visit to your blog–nice to meet you!

Wow, you’ve got some serious snow. Gorgeous! Guess it’s safe to say you’ll have a white Christmas. I’m way down in central Florida on the Gulf Coast, where it’s barely squeaked out of the 40’s today, and a blustery wind on top of it. I absolutely LOVE it!

Ahahaha. I hope that you had a wonderful time with those snowshoes! Snowshoeing, ironically is one of the few Northern Pursuits (along with Riding Snowmobiles) that I’ve never tried.

Can’t wait for those lovely cookies during cookie week :)

So envious seeing so much snow, although we had a dusting of snow here in Athens and we were all overthrilled :) Great looking cookies, can’t wait to see the recipe.

That movie is so hilarious! =) I need to watch it soon.
    I’m slightly jealous of your snow day, since I suffered GREATLY when I had to get myself out of bed this morning, into the chilly day, and onto a train to get to work. =( But then I read about your snow equipment needing to be as hefty as farm equipment, and I’ve decided I have nothing to complain about. =)